Then away went Rudolph, reelin' like a merry-go-round



I absolutely love Christmas! I'm looking forward to catching up with friends and family. I've been listening to my Elvis Christmas album and as I mentioned in my last post, I've been in the Christmas spirit all month!

My special golden tree, on my bedside table. Can you spot the Rolling Stones badge, shell, cowboy boot and sausage dog?

Here are some photos that were taken on October 31st when my mum, sister and I put up our Christmas tree. I know it's early (!!) but it's been a tradition that we've been doing for 20+ years.


This year I wanted to share photos of some of my favourite ornaments... 

Geisha and lantern.

The cutest toadstools.

A glass slipper. We used to take turns putting this one up each year because it's our favourite decoration.

And a chocolate covered strawberry good enough to eat!

We've collected these decorations over many, many years, buying 1-2 each year. I wait until after Christmas to buy some when they're at a fraction of the original price.


My mum's been practising her table setting. Isn't it gorgeous?



This will be my last post before Christmas. As John Lennon once said 'Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year!'

Thank you so much for visiting my blog this year. 
X


(If you're tired of regular Christmas tunes, give this one a listen!)

Comments

  1. Happy Christmas, dear Jess and family! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful Christmas, Jess! I'll be thinking of you when we play Elvis's Christmas album on the day. My husband used to be a huge Elvis fan. Fancy thinking he was a teenager when it first came out. He's kept most of his records, although they don't get played much anymore. But this one comes out to play (literally) on Christmas day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Ann!
      I collect LPs including Elvis ones and I love pulling out 'Blue Christmas' every Christmas. Have a lovely Christmas! X

      Delete
  3. What a lovely dress you are wearing - the colour and cut are gorgeous. Your little gold tree is wonderful, as is your big tree, and what a lavish table your mum has set! You are all ready for the big day!

    I love the old Christmas records of my childhood: The Carpenters' Christmas Album, John Denver and the Muppets' Christmas, Snoopy's Christmas. But I don't have any of these anymore (my mom has the originals all on vinyl!), and my past history working in a year-round Christmas store means I just cannot listen to carols at all. Sad but true.

    Wishing you and your family a very Happy Holidays, and all the best in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I'll have to try those Christmas LPs one day.

      You worked in a year-round Christmas store! That is so cool but also sad that you can't tolerate Christmas carols anymore.

      Hope you've had a fantastic Christmas! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand