Simply having a wonderful Christmas time

A few days ago it was my sister's birthday. Luckily we both had a day off work so we went to the cinemas. We watched 'Parasite' - a funny but horrifying Korean film. It is a story of a family's financial struggles and their desperation leads them into a manipulative, deceiving life. I had to shut my eyes at the end of the film - it was so violent and graphic.


We ate a banh-mi for lunch which was memorable because it was so, so spicy! I only ate half of it and had to take the rest home to eat between sips of cooling milk! And to think that I can actually handle chilli! In the evening, my dedo, uncle and cousins came over for dinner and chocolate ripple cake (I made it, it's my sister's favourite). 

We had a quiet Christmas Eve at home where my mum cooked seafood spaghetti and we celebrated Christmas Day at my friend Renee's house. It was lovely catching up with everyone and the food was delicious!


I wore a golden dress, my chilli necklace and some gold strappy shoes. Along with my coral ring and matching red lipstick, I felt positively Christmas-y. 



At the end of the day, we popped into my dedo's house and I gave him a food hamper with some of his favourite foods. I had so much fun shopping for it and assembling it all that I decided that I'll make food hampers as gifts for everyone next year.


I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. 
See you next year. X





Comments

  1. How lovely that you were able to spend your sister's birthday with her. I'm not too sure I could have watched that film, though. I'm highly sensitive so I'd be having nightmares about it for a long time. I love seafood spaghetti, so now I am craving it. I'm sure your Mum's was very tasty! I love your golden dress and chilli necklace, and what a fun idea to give food hampers as presents! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann.
      What a perfect couple of days that was.
      Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year. I'm going to catch up on my blog reading now so I'm sure I'll read about your Xmas/New Year. X

      Delete
  2. How gorgeous you looked in your gold dress and red lippie! Your Xmas Day photos are just lovely.
    Parasite sounds right up my street. I dislike happy endings and love a film that haunts me for days after - I'll keep my fingers crossed that they show it on the plane in a fortnight's time!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix - I just HAD to wear red lipstick with the gold dress!
      Have fun on your trip! X

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday, sis! I've heard "Parasite" is a really good movie. You look stunning in your golden gown and those shoes are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela. I would never have heard of Parasite if it wasn't for my sister. She always seems to find these unusual movies!

      I call these my "Anita Pallenberg" shoes because she wore a similar gold strappy pair in the late 60s/early 70s. I had been lusting after a gold pair for ages but never came across them until a year or two ago. Now I pull them out for special occassions. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand