And we danced like a wave on the ocean

Another week, another outfit post. 
I quite like this outfit. It was perfect for a cold morning at the market. In fact, every single thing I'm wearing is secondhand and I remember every purchase because I was so excited about each piece. 


The turtleneck is wool, made in Italy and only cost $2! I couldn't hand over my money fast enough. 


I bought this vintage, sheep wool jacket a couple of years ago for $10. I practically leaped at it!

I think you get my point. Secondhand shopping is fantastic. Not only can you score a real bargain, it's sustainable AND you can find some fabulous pieces.


After a morning of market fun, I headed off to a baptism for my cousin Stephanie's baby. 


It was lovely to catch up with my extended family. I love chatting to my Aunty Zora and my other cousin regaled me with tales of all the wild fun he had on his recent trip overseas. And we danced - that's one thing you can guarantee at any Macedonian celebration.


I decided to stick with my brown, mock-croc boots and pair it with this velvet dress. It was the first time I wore it since buying it secondhand (of course) and it's a keeper.


I always pull out my snake necklace for special occasions.
This clutch is sentimental to me. My nonna gave it to me because she knows how much I love anything snake print. She actually wore it to my parents' wedding so I'm very careful with it.

See you next week. I shall be back with stories of a concert I'm looking forward to.
X


Comments

  1. It must be unseasonable cold for you to have to wear that jacket in an Australian summer - although it's lovely and I don't blame you for digging it out!
    I've an inherited a snakeskin clutch bag a little like yours, several generations of my family used it for wedding, too!
    Secondhand shopping is the best and most stylish way to dress as you've demonstrated beautifully! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix!
      I hope I inspire some people to consider secondhand shopping. Of course, you were the first person to inspire me - your blog is fantastic.
      Today it's really hot in Melbourne, but the heat has come late this summer. We've still had days where it is turtleneck/jacket weather!
      X

      Delete
  2. Ha, I was thinking exactly the same as Vix! Both your outfits are absolutely gorgeous, but these are things I could wear right now, so it must have been a bit cold over there! Love that little snakeskin clutch bag and all the memories it holds! Family heirlooms are the best! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Ann.
      The weather has been hot one minute and cold the next- only in Melbourne!
      I really treasure the snakeskin bag. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand