And so this is Christmas, I hope you have fun

What a busy time of year it is. 
I have finished classes with my students and I am certainly going to miss them. They have progressed in so many ways. 


I have completed a very long day of parent-teacher-student interviews, and had two work Christmas parties. Double the fun, hilarity and delicious food! I enjoy working with the teachers at my school and it's always good to have a laugh with them.


But right now I am here to dazzle you with some photos! I have been LIVING in this snake print dress lately. I love the simplicity of wearing dresses. Just add some boots/summer sandals (if it's hot), a belt, a necklace and a bag and you're ready to go!


Everything I'm wearing was found secondhand at absolute bargain prices.
Beaded bag - $2 (and I've seen them being sold for $50-$70 in a retail store!)
Dress- $10
Belt- $10
Mock-croc boots- $20 (I rarely ever spend this much on one item of clothing/shoes but I had been searching for a pair of brown boots for ages and the block heel and pattern are just perfect for me and go with absolutely everything)


The above bag was $5. It is my favourite colour and I have
been using it to lug all my folders and paperwork to and from work. It was bought secondhand from a market and the lovely lady selling it said it was made from recycled plastic. I couldn't have made a more sustainable purchase even if I had tried!

Another thing I have been doing is getting into the Christmas spirit. My mum and I have decided that Christmas comes and goes way too fast. All this fuss, and then it seems to be over in a few hours. So, we've been celebrating Christmas all month (call us crazy, I don't mind!). My mum has always been a fantastic cook and here's a few photos of some of the meals she's been making this month in the spirit of Christmas.

Pasta with bocconcini, tomatoes and spinach.

Pork roast with potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes and a mango salad.


 A vegetarian feast.

 Paella



Jelly with fruit.
  
Banana cake


These flowers were from a neighbour. What a way to brighten up someone's day.

I hope you are enjoying this Christmas season.

Comments

  1. Dazzling me with your photos you certainly did, Jess, starting with that divine snake print dress, which looks absolutely gorgeous on you! The orange bag is a beauty too and an absolute bargain at $5! Oh, and your Mum's dishes all look so utterly, temptingly delicious. The fruit jelly and banana cake look almost too good to eat. Lucky you! Wishing you and your family a most wonderful Christmas time! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann. I have really been enjoying all the delicious food.
      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. That snake print dress was such a good buy, it'll be owing you money soon! The basket is great, too - I love stuff made from discarded items. Recycling at it's finest.
    Your mum's a kitchen whizz - I'd have employed her back in my corporate hospitality days!
    Have a brilliant Xmas. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vix. I've gotten so much wear out of this dress already.

      My mum is a fantastic cook, I always brag about her!

      Happy Christmas! Enjoy your getaway to India. X

      Delete
  3. Oh, my goodness, look at all those delicious-looking meals! I'll come over for dinner any time, ha ha!

    You look fabulous in your snakeskin maxi - what a fun dress! I bet the kids love seeing you all dressed up like this -what a great role model you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can come over any time you're in Australia!
      Thank you, you're making my head big with all your lovely compliments. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand