Take It Easy



Ahhhh, these photos were taken a little while ago when I was still on school holidays. Now I'm in the thick of writing student reports - how time flies!


On this day, my mum and I spent a sunny day in beachy town, Geelong. I spent so much good quality time with my mum over the holidays, we're very close. The only shame was that my sister was working while I had time off, but she wouldn't have liked rummaging around in the Geelong Mills Market anyway.






We spent some time at the beautiful beach. It got so hot and windy that I later changed my boots for some spare sandals that my mum had in the car.





I liked the idea of wearing this boat bag to the beach and pairing my turquoise necklace and bangle with a bright orange dress. I think this will be my go-to style this summer: a maxi or midi floral dress, accessorised with a gemstone pendant with a bangle.


Dress, boots and boat bag: secondhand market finds.
Dress: Last seen here.
Boots: Last seen here.
Bag: Last seen here.


For lunch, we went to this lovely place called The Greek that was surrounded by olive trees. We got lost trying to find it, and almost went mad trying to find it through Google Maps. Finally we arrived and by that point we were starving! My mum had a plate of chicken, spanakopita, a dip, salad and chips and I had a plate of prawns, roast potatoes, a dip, salad and pita bread. It was so delicious.



 We were so full that we practically waddled back to our car. I promptly fell asleep on the drive home. I can't wait for more sunny days so that I can return to the beach. Geelong holds a special place in my heart because I have fond memories of playing on the beach as a child with my best friend Renee and my cousins and rolling down the hills and just having all our families together. I also really enjoyed seeing the Sunnyboys play here 2 or 3 years ago.


Anyway, back to work for me, these reports aren't going to finish themselves. 
X

Comments

  1. You and your mum both look gorgeous in your maxi dresses and your boat bag couldn't have been more appropriate to bring along!
    Aren't you lucky to have a beach on your doorstep? I'm so jealous! The Greek food sounds pretty wonderful, too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vix!
      I thought the boat bag just had to be worn at the beach, haha.
      I wish the beach was on our door step, but it's about a 40 minute drive. X

      Delete
  2. What a lovely day out you two have had. Not only a trip to the beach, but a rummage in Geelong Mills Market. I'd happily spend hours browsing there, as it looks to be my kind of place. Your orange maxi is stunning and I simply cannot take my eyes off that sweet little boat bag. I'm loving your Mum's dress too. And yes, another earworm has made its way to Belgium :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I'm so glad that I get to share my love of vintage styles ANDmusic on this blog. Thanks for visiting, Ann.

      Delete
  3. That looks so fun! You look gorgeous in your orange maxi dress - what a great outfit. Your pics just make me want to rummage around and poke in every corner!

    I didn't realize that was your mum until I had a second read! You are so similar-looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Shiela. Sometimes my mum and I do look alike, especially when we share clothes. Just yesterday, my mum was wearing a skirt and belt of mine and it freaked me out because it's like looking at a twin! X

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds