Me and Suzy had so much fun


Just like little children, my mum and I went to the Royal Melbourne Show. Actually, there were many adults there, it was a fun day. First we went to the food pavillion and tasted all manner of food samples - chocolate licorice, chilli salsas, salami, honey and cheeses. 


We watched Cosentino the illusionist, which I surprisingly enjoyed. Then we had a wander around I convinced my mum to go on the ferris wheel with me. 


I'm happy to say that we weren't petrified of heights.


In fact, I really enjoyed being up in the sky. We could see the horse show...


the suburbs...


and the Pie in The Sky.



We returned back to the main stage to find an Elton John tribute band performing. One of the lyrics in 'Crocodile Rock' is Me and Suzy had so much fun. Of course I had to use that for this blog title as Suzy is my mum's name.


 I was feeling sick on this day and instead of missing out on the Melbourne Show fun, I rugged myself up in this big fluffy leopard coat with a belt over the top.

Outfit details:
Belt and bag: Vintage, market finds.
Leopard coat (borrowed from my mum) and turtleneck: retail.
Boots: market find.

The great thing about being a similar size to my mum and liking similar things is that we can borrow each other's clothes.



When were heading home, we came across a women's peace garden. We'd passed it many times before but had never walked in. It was quite beautiful as the sun was setting.


There was even a peace logo on the grass.


Thanks for stopping by. I'll see you next week in a new blog post about a day trip to my favourite country town. 
X



Comments

  1. Guess which song will be playing in my head for the next couple of days ;-) The Royal Melbourne Show looks like so much fun indeed and both you and your Mum dressed superbly for the occasion. Not sure if I'd be brave enough to go on that ferris wheel ... Sorry to hear you weren't feeling too well, but any reason to wear that fabulous coat will do. I thought I'd seen it before and now I know why! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great song!
      The Show was so much fun and as always we enjoy dressing up.
      I thought I'd be terrified of heights on the ferris wheel, but I really enjoyed it. Thanks for visiting my blog, Ann. X

      Delete
  2. How lovely that you and your mum are the same size and can share clothes! Your leopard coat looks wonderfully snuggly and perfect for days when you feel a bit off colour, although you certainly don't look ill!
    I'd be fine on a ferris wheel, Jon would run for the hills!
    I can't believe I've blogged about visiting donkeys being rescued from being turned into salami on the same day that you were tasting it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great that my mum and I can share clothes (and shoes)! It's like having a double wardrobe!
      The ferris wheel was the tamest ride there, but it was so much fun. I can't picture Jon being scared of heights, haha.
      I'll have to read your latest blog post soon. X

      Delete
  3. I love that song! I recognized the lyric right away. How fun to go to a fair - I guffawed at the pie in the sky. Ferris Wheels are so peaceful, glad you didn't have any height issues! Your leopard coat is amazing! I have a similar one, only mine's more ocelot than leopard. Too warm to wear it now, though.

    Happy week ahead, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the song too - it's a fun one.
      Thank you for stopping by and your kind words. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand