I'm high on the hill looking over the bridge to the M.C.G.

What's a girl to do when it seems the whole of Melbourne is raving mad about the AFL Football Grand Final? Join in on the fun! I dressed up in a blue, cord jumpsuit that my mum culled out of her wardrobe and gave to me (thanks mum)! Then my family and I went to my Dedo's house to watch the football with him. I enjoyed Paul Kelly's pre-game performance of Leaps and Bounds with the ever fabulous Vika and Linda Bull. They are Australian treasures.


I was never one to watch grand finals until the Western Bulldogs won in 2016 (for the first time since 1954)! I've been going to the football since I was a baby. Now I understand how excited football fans feel when their team is in the grand final. I was cheering for Richmond Tigers and they won. Maybe I'm a lucky charm? Just kidding, all credit to the hard work of the players.


A few days after the football fun, I was reminded of how much I love wearing my matching snake print skirt and jacket when I recently watched Once Upon A Time in Hollywood and I wore it again to watch another movie: Downton Abbey.


Source


Source

Years ago, I had watched a few early television episodes of Downton Abbey but somewhere along the way I had stopped watching it. At first I thought the movie was a bit too posh and proper for me, what with all the fuss over the royal family, but slowly and surely the movie won me over, with Maggie Smith's sly humour and the great female leads. I even had a few tears towards the end of the film!



On the way home, my mum, sister and I stopped off at the Maribyrnong River and enjoyed the sunshine. It's so beautiful by the river and so many people were strolling around it. I want to return and start going for walks there myself. Lovely blogger Shiela recently inspired me to do so when she discussed her Mental Health Walk night that she's doing each week.


Thanks for stopping by! See you next week.
 X


Comments

  1. I'm not a football - or indeed any sports - fan at all, but I'm definitely a fan of your cord jumpsuit and those gorgeous boots you are wearing with them. Whenever I'm watching an episode of Downton Abbey, I always lose the plot (literally!) as I'm always looking at the clothes and home decor :-) I really need to get walking more, as I love it but lately it has fallen by the wayside. Have a lovely week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Ann.
      That's so funny that you lose the plot of Downton Abbey due to looking at the clothes and decor.
      I love going for walks too. X

      Delete
  2. I love watching England play but haven't watched league football for years - would that be Aussie Rules football you're referring to?
    Your dungarees and snake suit are fab!
    Downton Abbey doesn't appeal but Dame Maggie Smith is an incredible actor especially in The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and Lady in the Van. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we call it AFL.
      Thanks, I quite enjoyed wearing these outfits.
      Maggie Smith is absolutely fabulous. X

      Delete
  3. I love your jumpsuit! Way to go, Mum, for keeping that! I adore that snakeskin outfit - wow, such a great look. Thank you so much for the shout-out, my dear! It's so important to take the time and get out there with nature.

    I have never seen Downton Abbey, but I've heard a lot about it. Drooling over those fabulous silk clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Shiela. I went for a lovely walk around a river last weekend with an old friend. It was to catch up and get out in nature. You've inspired me. X

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand