I am sailing, I am sailing

Do you want to know the best thing about being a similar size to your mama? You can steal (or borrow) her clothes! My mum gave me this cord jumpsuit when she was clearing a few things out of her wardrobe. You may recognise it from a recent, football themed post.



It's so comfortable to wear. I paired it with my navy turtleneck and matching beret that I crocheted myself. Such a monotone outfit called for my patterned Turkish boots. These boots received many compliments at the weekend market, one lady even declared, "I NEED THEM!" I didn't know what to say to that, so just laughed. Thank you darling, but I'm not parting with them, perhaps.


I found a few treasures for myself at the market. A brown midi dress and a boat bag, made by a man from Cambodia. It's so unusual, I love it! It made me think of Rod Steward's song. I am sailing, I am saaaaailing!



These photos were taken in a women's peace garden that my mum and I recently discovered. I did spot a few men walking through, but I didn't shoo them away - haha! 



I'm really loving being out and about in nature. I recently enjoyed walking around the Maribyrnong River with my friend Clare and next week I'll be sharing a blog post about my recent day out to the beach. 
See you then. 
X



Comments

  1. I need those boots, too!
    You are lucky to wear the same size as your Mum. My Grandma and Mum were both bigger and taller than me - sadly. I do still wear Mum's Biba boots (just with extra socks!)
    Love the dungarees on you and the dress and bag are a perfect match. Looking forward to seeing you rock them soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lucky to have your mum's Biba (!!!) boots - a special piece of your history and that of 60s fashion.
      I've worn the dress and bag so many times since purchasing them. Now I've just got to get around to photographing them. X

      Delete
  2. So do I! Need the boots, that is. You're looking gorgeous in your Mum's jumpsuit paired with the turtleneck and beret. If a time machine dropped you back in the 70s, nobody would bat an eyelid. You even have the right taste in music ... Speaking of which, your posts always give me an earworm ;-) xxx P.S. Love that midi dress and how cute is that boat bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, that is the best compliment EVER, Ann. Thank you.
      I love that my posts give you an earworm, haha. I love 60s/70s fashion and old bands, so this blog is the perfect way to share my two biggest passions. X

      Delete
  3. Those are fabulous boots - you can just ship them up here to me in Canada, okay? Ha! Love the jumpsuit, and how kind of Mum to let you wear it! Back when I was in my early 20s, my mom and I were the same size, and I used to borrow her (very glam) suit jackets.

    What an awesome dress, and the bag is so unusual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun that you got to borrow your mum's jackets.
      Thanks for stopping by, Shiela. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds