Riders On The Storm


It's my birthday tomorrow and I've done a few things over the weekend to celebrate!


On Saturday, I went on a hike to the valley. It's my happy place. I like the river stream, it's a really peaceful place.




After going to the football in the afternoon, my family and I went out for some Indian food, then I treated us all to some Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I haven't had them in ages and my sister and I were really excited to have them - ahh, simple pleasures!


This morning my mum and I braved the cold to go to the market. I found a green floral dress and a book by The Doors drummer John Densmore, which I forgot to take a photo of. I've only recently gotten into The Doors and now I've got two books about them. You may have noticed by my recent Instagram story that I really love reading and collecting biographies/autobiographies on old bands.


I'm looking forward to watching Almost Famous later this afternoon- the perfect end to my celebratory weekend! 

Outfit details:
Mustard Trench coat - vintage, op-shopped a few years ago.
Boots,beret and wicker bag- market finds.
Palazzo pants and turtleneck: retail.


See you next Sunday in a new blog post!

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday to you! Love that coat and you really suit a beret.
    What a gorgeous place you took a hike to. The tiles on the verandah you're posing by look like Victorian Minton ones, made up the road from me.
    Indian food on your birthday is the law!
    You've seen The Doors movie, haven't you? I saw it at the cinema when it came out in the 80s! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vix! I've made myself a few berets (but not this brown one) and I really like them.
      I haven't seen The Doors movie yet. Is it good? X

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Jess! You look awesome in your vintage coat - so fun. I love the gorgeous scenery. Have you read "No One Here Gets Out Alive"? It's a really good bio of Jim Morrison. The move Vix is referring to is by Oliver Stone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shiela! I love the scenery too.
      A few weeks ago, I bought "No One Here Gets Out Alive" but I haven't read it yet. I'm looking forward to reading it and watching the movie at some point too! X

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday! And that coat is FAB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy! I like how bright the coat looks in these photos. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand