I'm off the deep end, watch as I dive in


Lately, I've been thinking about the 2018 film 'A Star is Born'. I first went to see it in the cinemas and it was a memorable experience because there was a fire evacuation in the middle of the film. The movie was paused, we huddled out, the fire brigades sorted out the issue and then it was safe to go back in the cinemas! The flow of the film felt somewhat interrupted, so I was happy to re-watch it at home on DVD recently.



I LOVED Bradley Cooper's songs, especially...
3. Alibi

It's the kind of music that's got a great sound of rock 'n' roll mixed with a good measure of country! I'd happily listen to his music and can't believe he's not in a real band! I also loved Lady Gaga's Shallow - what a voice she has!


The end of the film made me cry, of course. Ally (Lady Gaga) and Jackson's (Bradley Cooper) relationship is endearing but it left me wondering...where is the anger and resentment that inevitably occurs when a loved one struggles with addiction? Even though Jackson was such a likable character, it was a little romanticised and seemed like Ally was all too understanding and loving. Regardless, I still LOVED the film. 
Have you seen it? What did you think?


Jackson's western style inspired me to pull out my fringe suede jacket and give it a whirl. It was such a good market find! I've even made a video of it for Instagram, the fringe sways wonderfully.


Outfit details:
Jacket, boots and bag: Vintage market finds.
Turtleneck and jeans: retail.


Hope you're enjoying your weekend. 
See you next Sunday. 
X



Comments

  1. I vaguely remember the original film with Barbra Streisand but I think I was about 15 when I watched it so I can't recall the plot. Bradley Cooper is a regular at Glastonbury, he's really into his music.
    Your jacket is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fringy jacket is SO fun to wear!
      Has Bradley Cooper ever stopped by at your vintage stall? I'm sure he'd love the clothes you and Jon sell. X

      Delete
  2. That is a KILLER jacket - I adore it! I really enjoyed the modern version of "A Star is Born" - the singing is great. Check out Jason Isbell and the Nashville Sound - Cooper sang one of his songs in the film - it's a very similar sound, that modern country/rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela, I really enjoyed the film too. I'll have to check those songs out, thanks! X

      Delete
  3. Apparently there is an even older version of A Star Is Born, with Judy Garland. Having had a marriage with someone who had a massive alcohol problem, I'd have to be dragged kicking and screaming to watch a movie with that in it. Even if the rest of the world loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounded really negative, I didn't actually mean it to be. Apologies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's okay I didn't take it negatively. I haven't seen the Judy Garland version yet.

      I understand that you wouldn't want to watch it, it's hard enough to deal with it in real life. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand