With a bit of rock music, everything is fine

Hello!
Or should I say hej - the Swedish way to say 'hello'!
This blog post is ABBA themed as I recently watched Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again. 



I didn't get to see it in the cinemas, so I requested the DVD from my local library. So many people requested it before me, so I had to wait awhile. My nonna watched the film when she was on a boat cruise holiday. She loved it and told me all about it on the phone, so I wanted to watch it.



I love my local library because I enjoy reading and there's a really lovely lady who works named Maria, who's been working at the library since I was really little. She's really nice and always up for a chat.



I borrowed the DVD and my mum, sister and I watched it. What can I say? It's great and evokes the same joy as the first movie did. Sometimes it's a bit daggy (!) but I didn't mind because I love ABBA's songs and the seventies style was fantasically flamboyant! 

I had my eye on some of the crazy, metallic platform boots.


Source

Cher appears towards the end of the film and absolutely MAKES the movie! I enjoyed her performance of 'Fernando.' 


Source

I even cried near the end of the film! Thank goodness the cast burst out into a vibrant 'Super Trouper'. As soon as the movie finished, I declared 'I loved it!'


Outfit details:
Mod style Dangerfield dress (recently sold it through my eBay store) - $5 market find. 
Tan clogs - I live in them during Summer.


I'm ready to pull out all of my ABBA records and listen to them.
Have you seen the movie? 

See you in a new blog post on Monday.
X


Title: Dancing Queen by Abba.

Comments

  1. That dress is very sweet on you, I'm amazed that you decided to sell it!
    Loved Abba's style back when I was a kid (and a couple of their songs) but didn't enjoy Mamma Mia when I saw it on the plane when it came out so haven't seen the sequel.
    Did love Muriel's Wedding, though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vix! Some of ABBA's style was really fab and over the top- I love it! I haven't watched Muriel's Wedding yet, can you believe it? X

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely dress - you look very pretty in it. You sold it? Aw!

    I'm not expecting much from the sequel to Mama Mia! It was a silly movie, but I enjoyed it (I also saw it on Broadway in NYC!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, sometimes I have seller's regret and I do wish I had've kept this dress, but I can't keep everything forever. I'm a collector and I run out of space! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand