At anytime an invitation you can't decline




On Saturday night, my mum and I went to a family friend's Mexican themed party! Luckily, I already had this red dress in my wardrobe, so I didn't have to quickly go out and buy something I'd probably never wear again. This vintage dress was a $5 market find. In fact, except for the hair flower I borrowed from my mum, everything I'm wearing was a market find. The boots and belt are vintage too.




Everyone at the party got into the dressing-up spirit, one lady even dressed up as an avocado! We were also asked to bring a plate of food and I made some vegetarian mini pizzas. My mum and I loved all the Mexican food that people made, so much so that I decided to make some for dinner on Sunday. Corn chips, homemade salsa and guacamole- yum!




It was nice to meet some new people at the party. We even played some party games! My favourite was 'musical hats' where we had to grab a sombrero every time the Mexican music stopped. We were howling with laughter!


The weekend went by way too quickly, didn't it?
How was yours?


I'll see you in a new post on Wednesday about my trip to St. Kilda beach and the city.


(I'm still thinking about how much I loved the new Queen film Bohemian Rhapsody.)



Comments

  1. Ooh, I want to see that movie! I love that song.

    You look amazing in this! I love the bold turquoise/red combination and the red lipstick is perfect! That sounds like a really fun party! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should watch the film, Shiela, I really loved it.
      Thanks, hope you're having a great week too. Xxc

      Delete
  2. You both look amazing - I love both your dresses. A sure sign of having the right wardrobe is that you don't need to rush out and buy something when you're invited anywhere! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand