She's got Bette Davis eyes



I've really been enjoying my work holidays. On Thursday night (not last Thursday but the one before, I'm that far behind on blog writing!), my sister and I went ice-skating at the local Youth Winter Festival. I love rollerskating with a friend of mine from high-school, but I've never been ice-skating before. It took me a while to get used to it and get my balance. There were so many people there, there wasn't much space for a wobbly skater like me! I was just getting the hang of it when the event finished and everyone got off the skating rink. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!  




The next day, I had a pretty easy-going day, crocheting a scarf and visiting an op-shop where I scored these vintage, leather shoes that were made in Brazil for only $4! I'm so used to wearing boots all the time that I'm not sure how I'll wear these with the outfits I wear. Any suggestions?




Whilst I was crocheting, I finished re-watching the Feud: Bette and Joan series. I'd watched it when it first came out and I enjoyed watching it all over again. The story and all the female actresses are amazing, and I quite enjoyed seeing the vintage-style outfits. Joan Crawford (played by Jessica Lange) wore quite a few fab oriental inspired outfits.


Source


Source





The last episode is quite shocking and saddening, particularly the hallucination scene. It seems such a shame because Bette and Joan could have been great friends all along.

Source


I don't know much about Bette or Joan's career, but the series has made me want to watch some of their movies. I'm not really sure where to start because they have such extensive careers. Any recommendations?


Outfit details:Suede skirt: market find.
Purple tights: coloured tights are so hard to find in the shops nowadays.
I found these, brand new and still in the packet at a Sunbury op-shop.
Everything else: retail.


Title: Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds