She comes in colours everywhere


On Monday, we had a day off for the Queen's birthday. It was nice to have a little bit of a sleep in, as I always wake up early. I hopped out of bed and made pancakes for my family and I. They were topped with cinnamon apples, maple syrup and buttered pecans- yum!



After breakfast, I continued working on my students' reports and then headed off to hardware and garden store, Bunnings. 




My mum really loves indoor plants, she's slowly filling the house with them. I like having plants in the house too, and they're supposed to be good for your mental health, which is always good.




I bought some sunflower and silver-beet seeds and planted them as soon as we got home. I'm growing them indoors as I don't want them to freeze in the cold. I've never grown vegetables indoors, I wonder if it'll work. 




On the way out, we bought some sausages, which is sort of an iconic thing to do in Australia when visiting a Bunnings store. There's always a sausage sizzle going on near the store, raising money for a variety of groups such as a sporting club.


Anyway, here's what I wore:
Red turtleneck, vintage bag and boots that I found on Sunday- market finds.
Jeans and leopard print scarf - retail.








I quite like wearing red, it seems to make my skin look sort of healthy, which is good for me because my skin can often look pasty and sickly. Knowing which colours suit you can make all the difference, I think. But then again, if I really like something I'll wear it, I won't get too hung up about the colours and whether they suit me.  




When I was going for my teaching job interview last year, I wore a red vintage dress and I'm certain that it gave me the confidence to get the job! The wonders of clothes and how they make you feel, it's quite fascinating.



Do you have a piece of clothing that makes you feel confident or happy?







Comments

  1. Your new boots look great and red really suits you.
    The garden centre looks like a fab place to spend a few hours. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix!
      It's nice to spend some time looking at all the plants and flowers. Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand