That's Alright Mama


Yesterday, I had a lovely day celebrating Mother's Day with my family.




In the early hours of the morning, my mum and I went for our usual Sunday morning market visit.


I found some vintage and retro treasures, which I'm happy about.



I found a vintage suede vest, Italian-made brown clogs, snakeskin-print boots and a maxi dress (all for under $30)! Not only do I love markets because I can find vintage treasures there, but it's also pretty thrifty too.





My sister made a ginger and walnut cake which we ate for breakfast. It was delicious!


Then, my family and Dedo (which means grandpa in Macedonian) went to visit my Baba (grandma) at the cemetery. I miss my Baba so much, and it was nice to bring her some sunflowers and sit under the sun.




 My mum wanted to go out for a day trip for Mother's Day, so off we went to Castlemaine, a really sweet country town. I feel really at peace in country towns and hope to buy a house in the country one day.


We discovered a vintage bazaar and had a bit of a look around. Look at the wonderful things I spotted:




We had some lunch and then went for a nice walk around the Castlemaine Botanical Gardens.
It's so beautiful there!





How was your Mother's Day? I hope it was a good one, whether the mothers in your life are near, far or passed on. 

Xxx






Comments

  1. You look very Autumnal and stylish in your outfit, Jess!
    What time do you have to get up for the flea market? Our car boots start at 6am but we don't tend to arrive until just before 8am (we're off this morning) as the casual sellers tend to be late - and that's the stuff we're after, older people clearing out their houses as opposed to professional house clearance types.
    I can see that suede waistcoat you found getting loads of wear.
    In the UK we have Mothering Sunday in March, although with the ever increasing use of Americanisms in our language it's often referred to as Mother's Day these days.
    The botanical gardens are lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix!
      My mum and I get up at about 5.30 to get there at 6.30am. I never thought about it that way (that the casual sellers arrive later). I always thought that the good stuff goes early, but then again, not everyone's interested in vintage like I am.
      It might be a good idea to start going later, it's getting to be freezing now that Winter's nearing in Australia. Xxxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds