Emerald Velvet

Yes, I've had a busy week
We've all had quite a few.
Still I'd like to start this blog
And share some things with you!


Hello, my name is Jessica!
I'm excited (and nervous) about starting this vintage blog.
 I love wearing vintage or vintage-inspired clothing from the 1960s and 1970s. I don't usually post photographs of myself online, but I have been inspired by many bloggers and I'd love to join the vintage online community. 


I spotted these velvet pants (or are they called palazzo pants?) a few weeks ago. I practically pounced on them! 

Usually I prefer shopping at markets but I found these in a retail store. Still, I wasn't going to dismiss these pants so easily.  I've been looking for velvet pants for quite a few years now and then all of a sudden I found two pairs at once! Isn't that the way is always goes! I bought this emerald pair and a maroon/ruby pair.


I've been wearing the emerald pair quite a bit, with a turtleneck and boots. I've loved wearing them so much that I almost forgot I had another pair. I'm sure I'll be sharing photos of the maroon pair soon.

I first discovered the beauty of velvet pants through these fab photos from the 1960s from some of my style inspirations.

Keith Richards.

Anita Pallenberg.


Do you love velvet pants or velvet items of clothing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds